It is safe to say, that among most of the population when you hear the word charcoal you think of grilling or starting a fire. However, you may be surprised to hear that there are numerous beauty benefits that come from the use of charcoal products.
Activated charcoal is a specific type of charcoal that is used in the beauty industry, medical industry, and in the purification process. In order for the charcoal be to classified as "activated" it must undergo an activation process. During this process, the charcoal is put under extremely high temperatures which then causes the charcoal to expand surface area. This in return, leads to the charcoal to increase the ability to filter and absorb. Oh, and let's not forget this is an organic substance!
Using products with activated charcoal can bring some great benefits!
- Activated charcoal is able to draw out dirt, oil, and other toxins from the skin. In fact, it has been proven to absorb more than a thousand times its own mass in toxic substances.
- Known to reduce the size of pores
- Makes a great gentle exfoliate
- Deep cleans the skin
- Can soothe skin irritation
- Activated Charcoal removes toxins from hair
- Adds volume to hair
- Can help relieve redness, oily, and itchy scalps as well as dandruff
In order to utilize the skincare benefits of activated charcoal, we have reconstructed the recipe for a few of our products. Essential Relaxations currently has three bath bombs made with activated charcoal.
Keep a look out for future activated charcoal products coming to our shop!
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: Activated Charcoal, Bath Bombs, Beauty Blog, Benefits, Natural, Organic, Skin Care, Vegan